Yeah, so I finally finished my read-through and restructuring last week, which meant that this weekend I was back to writing actual words on actual (digital) paper. Yay! I wrote about 1500 words this weekend, which isn't bad, although I have done more. But this is the part now where I am filling in missing scenes, so the writing feels a bit disjointed as I jump from scene to scene with no continuity.
I went through this same process with The Hand of Tyr, so it's nothing new to me. I was hoping to be better at it this time around, and I suppose maybe I am, but it's simply difficult to tell. Kind of like when you're in the middle of cleaning up a big mess, you know it will eventually be better, but at that moment it is still just a big ugly mess.
Summary: I fell a bit behind schedule with the restructuring, but am on my way to catching up. The rough draft will be done before the end of the year, as planned.
Post a Comment