Sunday, June 3, 2018

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (turn and face the strange...)

Still making solid progress on the story, but I did realize early this week that there were certain plot and character elements that were rather... weak. So, I gave it a lot of thought over the next few days, and also engaged my "co-conspirator" (the Geekwif) in bouncing some ideas back and forth. By yesterday afternoon, we had re-written several pieces of the plot and a couple of character arcs.

None of them are revolutionary changes, more like evolutionary ones. Large parts of the story, scenes and chapters, will require only minor editing or slight re-writes to bring them in line with the new ideas. But I think even these small changes will reap huge rewards in a much better story, making it more engaging, more exciting, and more satisfying to read.

I will pass 40,000 words today, so if you do the math you will see I fell a little bit behind this week. That is primarily because of all the thinking and planning I was doing. I actually did write a few thousand words, but it was focused on recording my plot and character ideas rather than actual prose for the book itself.

But now, I need to get back to writing the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment