Here's a brief and very vague list of ideas that I have noted as potential improvements to the story:
- Add depth to the father's character, and show how the broken relationship affects him and the family
- There is more to the character Adradomir than meets the eye. What is it?
- What if Balfrith also left a girl behind when he ran away, in addition to his family?
- How deep of a sub-plot would this become, and would it take away from the main story?
- There are too many parallels between the Draugeborg incident and the that in the deep foundries. Should I change one or the other, or maybe make the parallels even more obvious so that they become an interesting sub-plot by themselves? If so, what should that sub-plot be, and do I need to resolve it in the context of this story?
There are many others of course, but most of those are of a more trivial nature, such as "Add an extra scene in here giving more detail", or "This is really dumb, must re-write!"
Anyway... I wrote another thousand words today. Probably will try to do the same tomorrow. If I can keep up this steady pace, the draft will be done in no time.
Post a Comment